Why Choose Ambit Energy?
So, what makes Ambit Energy different? For one, Ambit was #1 on the Inc. 500 list in 2010 as America’s fastest-growing privately held company. CLICK HERE to read the article. Ambit has grown from $1.6 million in revenue in 2006 to more than $1 billion in annual revenue today. Here are just a few more honors and recognition Ambit has received:
• No. 1 ranking in the prestigious SMU/Cox Dallas 100 for 2009, recognizing the fastest-growing privately held companies in North Texas (based on the years 2006 – 2008).
• A+ Rating from Better Business Bureau
• Top 100 Places to Work 2009—The Dallas Morning News
• Best Places to Work 2009—Dallas Business Journal
• Entrepreneur of the Year Award finalist (CEO Jere Thompson, Jr.)—Ernst & Young
• Direct Selling News Global 100 (38th largest with revenues of $325m in 2009)—Direct Selling News
• DSN Global 100 (world’s 31st-largest direct selling company with revenues of $415m in 2010)—Direct Selling News
• $100 Million Club (No. 43 with revenues over $197m in 2008)—Direct Selling News
• 2009 Momentum Awards finalist—Dallas Regional Chamber of Commerce
• 2013 “Highest in Residential Customer Satisfaction with Retail Electric Service in New York” by J.D. Power.
• Direct Selling News Global 100 (world’s 14th-largest direct selling company with revenues of $900m in 2012)—Direct Selling News
Ambit Energy Six-Year Growth Chart
2006: 399 consultants | 3,218 customers | $1.6 million revenue
2007: 10,082 consultants | 51,059 customers | $43.2 million revenue
2008: 37,830 consultants | 190,975 customers | $197 million revenue
2009: 56,921 consultants | 257,962 customers | $325 million revenue
2010: 97,529 consultants | 413,099 customers | $417 million revenue
2011: 120,000+ consultants | 700,000+ customers | $664 million revenue
2012: 170,000+ consultants | 1,000,000+ customers | $929 million revenue
2013: 250,000+ consultants | 1,200,000+ customers | $1.2 billion revenue
“At the rate of growth we are experiencing right now, Ambit will be the largest retail energy provider in the country.”
—Jere Thompson Jr., Ambit Energy Co-Founder and CEO
“If we achieve $1 billion in annual revenue in 2012, which we expect to achieve, we will have done it faster than Apple, Dell, Wal-Mart and Microsoft.”
—Chris Chambless, Ambit Energy Chief Marketing Officer and Co-Founder
Ambit Energy Awards and Recognition
Ambit Energy has received numerous awards and various recognition from credible sources such as Inc. Magazine, J.D. Power and Associates, Better Business Bureau, Direct Selling News, SMU Cox School of Business, Ernst & Young, plus many others. Below is a chart showing just some of the awards and recognition Ambit has received.